Ride the Rakaia – Cycle Ride
Terms and Conditions
- I agree to abide by the Event Rules and with the directions of the officials and their personnel. I will comply with all the directions given on the entry forms, emails, newsletters, confirmation letters, race pack information, pre-race safety briefings and course signage.
- I agree to display the supplied stickers on the front and side of my cycle helmet and on my seat post. This is for finish line identification along with transponders.
- I agree to allow the organisers and sponsors to use photographs, video and film taken during the event to advertise their products or to promote the event at no cost to the organisers and sponsors.
- I understand that participation in this event is at my own risk and I accept full responsibility for obtaining adequate skills to negotiate and avoid the hazards on the course.
- I understand the cycle route travels on public roads. Participants are required to obey New Zealand traffic law at all times while on public roads.
- I understand that the Race Organisers may alter the advertised course, race briefing or start times for safety or other reasons.
- I am fully responsible for my personal belongings at the event.
- I am in sound physical condition and health, capable of safely competing in the event, and am not aware of any medical condition to the contrary.
- By participating, I accept all risks flowing from my participation that could result in loss of life or permanent injury or damage to property. Accordingly I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with any act or omission by me in the course of my participation in this event.
- This release shall extend to and include promoters, sponsors, the organisers of the event and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event is conducted or which is directly or indirectly associated with the event in any manner whatsoever. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
CJM'S Events Ltd collects information about online customers including personal information when completing an entry from. If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, certain services or quality of services may not be available to you. If you do not provide us with this information then we may not be able to meet special needs or requests you may have.
- CJM'S Events Ltd collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing quality services.
- to communicate information to you about the event or future events.
- internal research.
- to medical providers to assist in emergency situations.
- to profile entrant information to the media.
CJM'S Events Ltd may disclose your name, city, nationality and resume in entry lists or on cycle bibs.
Otherwise CJM'S Events Ltd will not allow third parties access to your information without your approval.
You may request CJM'S Events Ltd to access and correct your information. If at any time you are unsure of how to correct your information please contact us.
As a CJM’S Events LTD customer we assume that you wish to receive matters of interest to you by electronic communication. If you would rather not receive emails or e-txt's from us in the future please email or text us with "UNSUBCRIBE" in the subject line.